-Just a reminder that tomorrow they are taking group pictures for those who are interested. These are pre-pay, so students must have their money with them to get their pictures taken. The order forms for these were sent home last week.
-4th Quarter Progress Reports will go home this Friday, May 3rd. Please sign and return the cover letter. The progress reports are yours to keep.
-The final payment for the overnight fieldtrip to the Outer Banks is due this Friday, May 3rd. Any outstanding payments should also be made by this date.
-Parent chaperones for this trip, please let me know as soon as possible if you have a preference for who you would like to room with.
-The 8th Grade Celebration payment and form is due by Friday, May 10th.
-Next Friday, May 10th, is our Track-Out Day and is also an Early Release Day. School will end at 12:45.
-Student Assignment Slips were sent home with students today. These indicate where your child is slated to go to school next year.
There are several things we need to make you aware of for this week:
-4th quarter progress reports will go home on Friday, May 3rd.
-Spring Pictures went home last week. If your child has not returned the pictures or money, we need you to do that as soon as possible. These MUST be turned in before we track out on May 10th.
-There will be group pictures taken on Thursday, May 2nd. The information for these pictures was sent home this week.
-The last payment for the overnight field trip to the Outer Banks is due on May 3rd. The payment due is $60.00. If you have any outstanding payments that need to be made, please make sure those are also paid by May 3rd.
-The 8th Grade Celebration forms and payments are due on May 10th. If you have not returned these to school, please do so as soon as possible. The $20 payment covers the 8th Grade Dance and the 8th Grade Picnic.
-EOGs are soon approaching. We need parent volunteers to serve as proctors for these tests. The link below is to an online form for you to fill out if you are able volunteer:
1) 8th Grade Celebration information has been sent home. The cost for all events (8th Grade Picnic, 8th Grade Dance, and other events) is $20. The $20 is due on May 10th. (before we track out). Please return the bottom half of the information sheet along with $20 to your homeroom teacher. If you need assistance paying the $20, please contact your homeroom teacher.
2) Honor Roll party will be Friday, April 12th. The invitations have been sent home. The cost will be $5.
3) Parent Survey: This year Durant Road Middle School would like to get feedback from our parents. Your feedback will serve as an informative tool for our staff. We will be using it to guide school-based decisions for the 2013-2014 school year.
Survey link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Q1nUEDhNKx_YfrQsfherBdTyiyrtKVYEzhKPW8aWZ6c/viewform
4) Last payment for the Outer Banks trip is due May 3rd. All payments must be made by this date so that we can confirm our numbers with the field trip company and students can pick their room assignments.
This year Durant Road Middle School would like to get feedback from our parents. Your feedback will serve as an informative tool for our staff. We will be using it to guide school-based decisions for the 2013-2014 school year. The link to the survey is below.
The End of Grade test schedule has been set. Your students will take an End of Grade test in Math, Language Arts and Science. They will also take an end of the year test in Social Studies. Testing in Social Studies is new this year for all grade levels. Students that are taking Math I (Algebra) will also take an End of Course Test which is 25% of their final grade in the class.
Below are the dates for these tests. Please make sure that your child is present on all of the following days.
Monday, June 10: Language Arts
Tuesday, June 11: Math
Friday, June 14: Math I EOC (ONLY STUDENTS IN MRS. KENSMOE’S 7TH PERIOD CLASS WILL TAKE THIS)
Monday, June 17: Science or Social Studies
Tuesday, June 18: Science or Social Studies
There will be NO retakes this year. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Have a great weekend!
-Spring Picture Day is this Thursday, March 28th. These pictures are not required, and they are not pre-pay. If your child gets their picture taken, you will receive a picture package, and you may choose to either purchase the pictures or return them.
-Students who sold ZPizza cards for the 8th Grade Celebration Fundraiser received those pizza cards today.
-Third Quarter Report Cards went home last Friday. Please sign and return the cover letters as soon as possible.
-Mrs Collins Language Arts classes are doing a Risk Takers project that culminates in a live Wax Museum presentation. We began this project last week, by completing their research. This week has been printing pictures and other things in order to complete the Tri-Fold Display Board. We begin working on these tomorrow in class, so if they could bring in their board by tomorrow or Thursday, that would be ideal. If anyone is willing to purchase one extra display board for a student who may not be able to get one, I would greatly appreciate it. The Live Wax Museum will be held next Wednesday, April 3rd during the students’ Language Arts classes. 2nd Period will present at 10:00, 6th Period will present at 1:20, and 7th Period will present at 2:20. If you are willing and able to come see your child, please feel free to do so next Wednesday. We will be in the Media Center.
-Thank you so much to all those of you who sent in Kleenex!!!! It has been put to good use. : )
Thank you and have a great week!
Welcome back! We hope everyone had a great track out.
1. Students received Monday a zpizza fundraiser. Students are asked to tr to sell zpizza cards to raise money for the 8th grade celebration and dance. There are many prizes being offered for the homeroom, track and student that sells the most.
2. Students also received on Tuesday the information for the PTA no-fuss fundraiser. These donations are going to help each classroom take down the old chalkboards and replace them with new whiteboards. You can turn in your donations to your homeroom teacher. Any amount helps!
3) Students started meeting with Mrs. Morton this week about high school registration. Students will be registering through their span accounts. If they do not have a span account or do not remember their password, please have them ask their homeroom teacher to have it reset. If you have any questions, please direct your questions to Mrs. Morton (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once you have registered, please turn in your information to Mrs. Morton.
4. It is hard to believe that 3rd quarter is almost over. Grades for 3rd quarter will be cut off on Wednesday, March 13. Any missing assignments must be turned in by this date to allow time to get it graded and entered before grades are due.
Retakes for Math 8 unit 8 test and Math I unit 5 will be Friday, March 8. Grammar Test retake for Mrs. Collins will be during class next week.
A couple of reminders:
-Tomorrow is our 2nd Quarter Honor Roll Assembly. It will be at 8:45 am in the cafeteria.
-Friday, Jan. 18th, is the last day to return the permission form and pay for the IMAX fieldtrip.
-The Honor Roll Lunch is Friday, Jan. 18th. Students who were invited have been given an invitation. The $5.00 needs to be returned by tomorrow, Thursday so I know how many pizzas to order.
A few things to be aware of:
-Upcoming High School Open Houses:
-Sanderson High School: Tuesday, Feb. 12, 6:30-8:30 sandersonhs.wcpss.net
-Wakefield High School Open House/Curriculum Fair: Thursday, Feb. 21, 6-8; Rising 9th Graders and parents should report to the 9th Grade Center at 6:00 pm
-There will be a Parent High School Registration Night conducted by the Guidance Department here at DRMS on Jan. 31st, at 7:00 pm, in the auditorium. (Students will make their high school class selections in March.
-The last day to pay for the IMAX fieldtrip, and return the permission form, is next Friday, Jan. 18th. If students do not pay by that day, they will not be allowed to go on the trip. You can also pay online, if you choose to do so. We still need Parent Chaperones for this trip. It is on Tuesday, Feb. 5th, our Track Out Day. If anyone is able to help us, please let me know. The cost for chaperones who pay for the movie beforehand is $13.00.
-The date for the next payment for the Outer Banks Fieldtrip is February 1st – $60.00. The online payment for the $35.00 deposit has been reopened until Jan. 18th for those who did not get the chance to pay online before.
Welcome back!!! We hope everyone had a good track-out. There are several things to be aware of for this week:
-Students received a field trip packet for the overnight trip which was finally approved while we were tracked out. The packet explains the payment plan. There is an online payment option that is on the school website. Checks/Cash can also be sent in. These should be written to DRMS. The first payment/deposit is due on Friday, December 14th. The yellow sheet confirming whether or not your child is going needs to be returned by Dec. 14th as well. If you are interested in chaperoning, please be sure to complete the volunteer registration for Wake County.
-This Friday, Dec. 7 is an Early Relase Day. Students will be released at 12:45.
-Mrs. Kensmoe has begun math tutoring. She asked interested students to get a form from her to be filled out by parents. She still has space available for those who are interested. If you would like your child to participate, have your child ask Mrs. Kensmoe for a form. The tutoring takes place on Tuesdays after school, lasting from 3:15-5:15. Students who are being picked up by parents should be picked up by 5:20 at the Bus Parking Lot. The activity bus usually picks up students between 5:30 and 5:40.
-All missing work from 2nd quarter is due by Wednesday, December 12th. Please make sure your child is caught up on assignments by this time.
-Today students received a letter from Millbrook High School about their International Baccalaureate Program. The informational session will be held at 6:15pm on Dec. 12th. If you have questions or would like to RSVP contact Gena Cooper at email@example.com
or call (919)850-8808.