Cheer Intramurals Dates
Any student interested in cheerleading is encouraged to attend. Intramurals are not try-outs, just a time to work and improve cheer skills. We will be working on cheer skills such as cheers, stunting, tumbling, motions, flexibility, conditioning, etc.
6th Grade — August 7th, 14th, 21st
7th & 8th Grade — August 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd
Cheer intramurals are from 3:30-5:30pm each day.
Tryout Information and Important Dates
ALL forms must be turned into Ms. Binkley by Friday, August 17th.
- Physical Form completed by physician
- Athletic Participation Form/Health Insurance form
- Concussion forms-Signed by parent and student
- Information/Commitment Letter-Signed by parent and student
- Copy of 2011-2012 Report Card
- 2 Teacher Recommendations (This will be handed in by teacher.)
** Please paper-clip all items together in the order above to give to Ms. Binkley (except for teacher recommendation forms).
Cheer Tryout Dates and Times:
Thursday, August 23rd-We will have a brief meeting to discuss tryout expectations with students interested in the cafeteria. Parents are welcome to attend. 5-5:30pm.
Monday, August 27th – Cheer Tryouts 3:30-5:30pm
Tuesday, August 28th – Cheer Tryouts-First Cuts 3:30-5:30pm
Wednesday, August 29th – Cheer Tryouts 3:30-5:30pm
Thursday, August 30th- Final Tryouts 3:30-5:30pm
** Please remember to have hair in a ponytail. Dress in t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes.
Final Tryout Information – Thursday, August 30th
- 3:15-3:30pm- Prepare for tryouts. Be dressed in teal, black, or white to show school spirit! J
- 3:30pm – Closed tryouts. Have a ride by 5:30pm.
- At the end of tryouts, each student will be handed a letter. ** The letter should not be opened until the student is in the car.
- There will be a mandatory parent meeting in the cafeteria immediately following final tryouts at 6pm for those students who make the DRMS cheerleading squad.
Other Important Dates if Chosen
Tuesday, September 4th 3:30-Until (We will aim for 5:30pm) –Uniform Fitting/Order Apparel **One parent needs to be present
** Please contact me at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.