on March 8, 2014
on March 6, 2014
If you are interested in attending any of these events, please pick up a lunch pass in the Media Center starting at 8am. There are only a limited amount of passes per day so first come first serve.
Check out the awesome events we have planned! For more information, check out the Teen Tech Week website.
Monday, March 10 – Code Academy with Mr. Miles
Come learn the very basics of computer coding during your lunch period. Mr. Miles will walk through a series of fun activities and even help you learn to code using CodeAcademy.org
Tuesday, March 11 – Google Doodlers
Who creates the daily Google images? How do you submit your own ideas to be featured as a Google Doodle?
Wednesday, March 12 – Let’s wiki!
Students will create the official and first ever Durant Road Middle School wikipedia page.
Thursday, March 13 – DJ apps with Mr. Ballard
Ever wanted to mix your own music? Have a love for sharing music with others? Mr. Ballard will demonstrate several dj apps you can use on your devices.
Friday, March 14 – Game Truck
It’s hard to think of gaming as a part of school, but during Teen Tech Week, we are bringing the Game Truck right to the front door!
PLUS . . .
- DRMS App contest ~ Create an app for DRMS.
- Join our DRMS GoodReads Group
- Write a note to your favorite author
on March 5, 2014
on March 5, 2014
- Our makeup day for Tuesday, March 4 is this Saturday, March 8. The instructional day will last 3.5 hours and lunch will not be served. We will dismiss at 12:15.
- There is a home soccer game today against Zebulon at 4:00. Cost is $4. Please come out and support the Dolphins.
- Our softball team travels to Zebulon tomorrow for their first game of the season.
- 3rd Quarter report cards go home on Friday for Track 1.
- There is Band Concert on Thursday, March 6 at 7:00.
- Remember this Friday, March 7 is now a full day due to previously missed snow days.
- Track 1 track outs on Friday, March 7, and Track 2 tracks in on Monday, March 10. Welcome back Track 2!
School ToursFebruary 4th at 9am February 6th at Noon March 4th at 9am March 20th at 9am
April 1st at 9am
April 17th at 9am
May 6th at 9am
May 15th at 9am
June 3rd at Noon
June 19th at Noon
Registration is not required to attend.
Rising FreshmanLooking for open house and curriculum fair information of local high schools for rising 9th graders? Click here.
S - Self Control
P - Pride
L - Leadership
A - Attitude
S - Safety
H - Honesty
Raleigh, NC 27614
Main Office open until 4:00 PM
Have a question?